I was born and raised in Houston, TX and I am the oldest of three girls. I moved to MA and attended Holyoke Community College where I received my associates degree. Later I moved to Tennessee where I started working on my undergraduate degree and I graduated December 2008. Now I'm attending graduate school at UT and working on my Teaching Certification in Elementary Education.
When I was about eight years old my sister and I lived with our father in a middle class neighborhood and I attended a low income school. My teachers became a replacement for my mom as well as my educators. At the end of every school year my teachers would give me boxes and boxes of left over worksheets etc. to take home. Every summer my sister and I played school and I pretended to be my favorite teacher while my sister played the student. I decided a long time ago that I want to teach and give everything that I received from my teachers back to students. For fun I love to run, camp, golf, fish, play tennis, read, learn guitar, puzzles, and any outdoor activity.
No comments:
Post a Comment